Monday, July 23, 2012

My Nails of Summer - Essie, SpaRitual, Revlon

Hello, My day job has kept me very busy lately, but it has not stopped me from enjoying my regular manicure and pedicure this summer.  I discovered some pretty nail colors to share with you, here are some of my favorites...


Essie Penny Talk - Pink gold metallic.  I typically do not go for metallic polishes, but I could not pass this up when I saw it from the "Mirror Metallics" collection at Walgreens.  The metallic is not over the top.  It is actually office friendly and quite a fun shade to wear.  My Mom saw my nails and mentioned she loved the color too, so I gifted her the bottle I bought. 




Via Essie.com


SpaRitual Hunk of Burning Love - Warm red creme.  This was my first SpaRitual nail lacquer experience from a nail salon.  I absolutely love this brand after I tried this polish.  The color is so shiny and my finger nails were chip-free for about a week.  I learned more about this brand from the Sephora website:

SpaRitual® products are crafted for the enlightened consumer, using naturally formulated, vegan, certified-organic, and fair-trade ingredients. The brand approaches beauty as a holistic connection to oneself and to the environment, bringing eco-awareness not only to their line of body and hand products, but also in their efforts towards sustainable packaging and sourcing methods. All of SpaRitual’s natural formulas are free of synthetic dyes and parabens, as well as toluene, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, and DBP.




Via Sephora.com


This particular color was also mentioned in The Zoe Report this month.


Revlon Runway Pearl - Sheer white with pink opalescence.  This may be a limited edition color.  I used two coats and got a pretty sheer and clean look.  I think three coats would look more even and better.  Revlon makes fabulous nail polishes at drugstore prices and their Quick Dry Top Coat is pretty amazing too.  Big fan here!


Please excuse the cuticles, this pic was taken a few months ago when it was freezing cold. 


Bloggers are saying this is a dupe for Chanel Nail Lacquer in Pearl Drop, see swatches from Temptalia's post here.  What do you think?  I think not exactly, Chanel's color seems to be more opaque and whiter from the pictures.


What nail polishes are you loving this summer?  


Thanks for stopping by.  Until next post......

7 comments:

  1. I was ogling the Essie metallics at the drugstore last week and Penny Talk was my favorite. It looks lovely on your hands and I like that the metallic isn't over the top. I think I may have to pick that one up. I'm currently loving Chanel Violette and Essie Sugar Daddy with a wash of Butter London Tart with a Heart over it :)

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the polishes you mentioned are so pretty and right up my alley:)

      Delete
  2. Super pretty shades! I'm a big fan of red so Hunk of Burning Love (love that name btw!) is my fave. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, there is something about red nails that will always be in style, timeless:)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE that pink gold Essie!!! I may have to get one too!! Naughty Rola for tempting me!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at you, you always tempt me with your interesting beauty finds that I do not see other bloggers talk about everyday:)

      Delete

Love to meet and hear from my fellow bloggers and readers. Do not leave spam or inappropriate links here, they will be removed.