Saturday, February 2, 2013

Best of January Roundup - The Organic Pharmacy, Kevyn Aucoin, Tres Semme

Hello, Beauties, Hope you are all doing well.  January flew by too quickly, but I had fun venturing out and tried some wonderful new products.   This is just a sneak peak of the best in the bunch, let's see what made me such a happy camper this month...

Skincare


Since I haven't been in Barneys New York in a while, I dropped in to see what's new on the shelves in 2013.  They had switched around the counters and displays in the cosmetic department in order to make room for new brands.  Excitement sets in...

I circled around not looking for anything in particular, then I stumbled upon The Organic Pharmacy line.  I have seen some write ups on this UK line before, but it was the first time for me to touch and feel the products.  I was really pleased to find another organic and natural line at Barneys, so I decided to give it a go.  

I have heard from many bloggers rave about Rose Hip Oil, the hype surrounding this oil peaked my interest.  Honestly, I have been using The Organic Pharmacy Virgin Cold Pressed Rose Hip Oil for a little more than one week and I am convinced that this is the best thing you can add to your skincare regimen.  Especially for those with dry and sun damaged skin.

Here is a brief description of The Organic Pharmacy Virgin Cold Pressed Rose Hip Oil from  the company website:

This amazing oil is imported by us directly from Chile. It is well known for its rejuvenating and repairing properties both for the skin and hair Because it is organic and virgin cold pressed, it retains its precious actives that make this oil so special. A high percentage of Essential Fatty Acids, Tretinoic Acid and major carotenoids Betacarotene, Lycopene, Rubixanthin, Gazaniaxanthin, Betacryptoxanthin and Zeaxanthin are largely responsible for making this oil fantastic for scarring, acne scars, sun wrinkles, sun spots.

I add a few drops of this oil to my favorite moisturizer and apply the cocktail to my face and neck.  I get an instant glow to my skin.  Not only that, the oil absorbs quickly and it smooths, hydrates, and plumps my skin more so than using a moisturizer alone.  This oil has truly transformed my skin and nursed it back to health in a short time.  It can also be used on hair.  I highly recommend it!

Makeup




My love for Kevyn Aucoin continues, this time in the form of The Sensual Tinted Balm.  Thanks to Beauty Professor for tempting me into this one!  Check out the sleek packaging, very cool and good for travel.  It comes in only four shades and I have it in the color, SB01.  When I swatched the colors, SB02 is actually lighter and more yellow than SB01.

Here is a brief description from the Space NK website:

BENEFITS:
  • Treats with botanical rice extract, rich in peptides
  • Increases cell longevity
  • Induces a delay in ageing
  • Derivative of liquorice soothes and calms the skin
  • Conceals imperfections with light-weight pigments versus dense compounds
  • Protects against UVA and UVB rays with a theoretic SPF 20
  • Oil-free, paraben-free and D5-free  


  • The creamy formulation provides sheer to light coverage, it will not cover major blemishes.  If you want more coverage and flawless finish, you can mix in a tiny amount of The Sensual Skin Enhancer (Amazingly high coverage foundation and concealer in one!).  The tinted balm by itself provides a protective barrier for the skin with a wash of color, I like using it on causal days.  It has a natural finish, not too dewy or matte.  The downside is that it lacks SPF in the product, but it does not bother me that much because I can always layer it over a sunblock. 

    Here are some swatches of SB01:







    Hair Care

    Via Google images



    In 2012, Tres Semme Split Remedy line was a favorite amongst bloggers and beauty editors alike.  I have been using the shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in conditioning treatment for a few months.  The line is really amazing because it does what is claims.  I used to have a huge issue with split ends from over processing and my hair looks so much healthier and better after using this line.  I definitely see a reduction in split ends which used to be quite obvious and unsightly, virtually unnoticeable these days.

    Tres Semme Split Remedy line is accessible and affordable, why not give it a try?  It is available at most drugstores near you.

    What were your holy grail products in January?  I would love to hear from you.

    Until next post......

    4 comments:

    1. Love your skin care and make-up purchases! I am kinda in doubt about tresemme, with them it´s either hit or miss...
      Would love to know more about the long-term results of the oil, cuz I have dry skin and am always in search for something good!

      http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi, Jezz, I am with you on Tres Semme, the products can be inconsistent. In fact this might be the first time that I am using their products since my college days which were many years ago. That said, I am pleasantly surprised by the Split Remedy line...Based on my immediate findings on the oil, I have high hopes that my skin will improve in the long run.

        Delete
    2. Un post muy interesante :)

      Un beso desde stylishloveblog.blogspot.com.es

      ReplyDelete
    3. I have to try the rose hip oil by The Organic Pharmacy. I use rose oil by Pai now and I love it so far. I think it's better than all those chemically derived retinols and retinoic acids. Thanks for the review :)

      xx
      Heel in Mint

      ReplyDelete

    Love to meet and hear from my fellow bloggers and readers. Do not leave spam or inappropriate links here, they will be removed.