Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Becca Boudoir Skin Mineral Powder

Hello, I am back with another Becca makeup review.  I have been using Becca Boudoir Skin Mineral Powder in Bliss since Spring and I am hitting pan with this product.  I do not use it as a foundation, but rather as a setting powder over liquid foundation.  Here are my thoughts on this product:



Color - This product comes in ten shades.  Bliss is a neutral color for fair to light skin tones.  I love this color!  It is neither too yellow or too pink for my skin tone
Texture - Finely milled mineral powder, it goes on very smooth and it feels weightless
Coverage - Sheer and buildable to a light coverage.  This is the reason why I use it as a setting powder over liquid foundation.  If you have really good skin, you can definitely use it on its own on well moisturized skin
Finish - Semi-matte finish, but not flat.  It can look chalky if you use too much. Your skin will look perfect if you use just the right amount
Skin type - All.  If you have dry skin, moisturize your skin well before using it on its own
Price - Retail for $38 for a small compact.  For reference, it comes in a smaller compact compared to their powder blushes
Repurchase? - Maybe.  I am torn.  I really liked the finish on my skin.  But as you can see from the pictures, the product dried up and started cracking in the compact after about 6 months.  From my experience, it seems like other powder foundations can sustain longer.  Final words, the Becca website claims that the product is water resistant, I can say that it is sweat proof because I have worn this in hot weather and it held up well.  Another claim is that you can wear it to bed to mimic smooth and perfect skin while you sleep, interesting?  I haven't tried this because I generally remove all makeup prior to sleeping

Since the Becca mineral powder has become dried and chalky, I will not be using it any longer.  I recently picked up Dolce & Gabbana Perfect Finish Powder Foundation and Burberry Sheer Luminous Compact Foundation as backup.  I have been trying the D&G powder and I like it so far.  I have high hopes for these powders since I love their cream and liquid foundation counterparts.

Which mineral makeup or powder foundation are you wearing?  Until next post......

5 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about the cracking! i find that really strange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really weird about the cracking! I use Estee Lauder Double Wear Powder Makeup - it's great for heat and humidity and my dry skin likes it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The useful life of this product on the packaging is 6 months after opening, so maybe the company is aware this will happen to the product?!

    @SPT and Jamilla,I agree the dryness and cracking are weird. I have tried EL's Double Wear Stay-in-Place powder compact in Sand and it worked very well. I would like to try their Mineral Rich loose powder in intensity#2. It looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pity that it got dry, it happened with some of my powders too. Anyway, this was a great review and article :D I really enjoy reading your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Andreea. Likewise, I always learn something new and interesting from your blog:)

    ReplyDelete

Love to meet and hear from my fellow bloggers and readers. Do not leave spam or inappropriate links here, they will be removed.