Monday, June 4, 2012

Best of May Roundup - CeraVe, Nars, RMK, Victoria's Secret

Hello,  May was definitely a transitional month slowly rolling from Spring to Summer.  I thoroughly enjoyed the sunshine throughout the month.  I find myself switching up my skincare and makeup routine a lot as I adjust to changing of the seasons.  


Skin Care - CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM




As I mentioned in the last post, I suffered from dry patches recently.  The most challenging part was foundation application because I did not have a smooth canvas to work with.


I took the matters into my own hands, did some research, and concluded that I needed to go back to basics in my routine. CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM is an amazing fragrance-free moisturizer made with ceramides, niacinamide, and hyaluronic acid as the key ingredients.  It is intensely moisturizing, but you would not expect it because the texture is super light.  It was the first product I picked up to work on the dry patches and it literally got rid of most of them after one use overnight!  Yes, one use! 


The claims and benefits right from the box:












Ingredients:




I highly recommend this moisturizer for dry skin.  It can be found in most drugstores near you.


Makeup - NARS 'Pure Radiant' Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 PA+++ and RMK Powder Foundation EX SPF 24 PA ++


I have been reaching for NARS 'Pure Radiant' Tinted Moisturizer in Alaska a lot in May, especially on the warmer days.  This is the BEST Nars base makeup I have ever tried so far!  Here is my earlier post on this tinted moisturizer and my thoughts have not changed.  I like it more and more with each use.  This is a must for summer!



A good companion to the tinted moisturizer is RMK Powder Foundation EX SPF 24 PA ++.  It is a sheer coverage powder foundation which I tend to use as a pressed powder over foundation or tinted moisturizer.  It works well with many different brands of base makeup.



Pouch for compact and brush



This is not a new product on the market.  I ordered this powder foundation in 102 from iMomoko.com last year, but it does not appear that they carry this item anymore.  There are other sites that sell it, you can search for them by the product name.  I am such a big fan of the RMK Liquid Foundation, so I had to try this powder foundation.  The powder comes in two textures in the compact, matte and shimmer.  The shimmer is meant to be used as a highlighter.  I like to blend the two textures together sometime when I feel like an all over radiant look.  The shimmer is very subtle and almost undetectable on the skin.  


Body Care - Victoria's Secret Gorgeous Fragrance Lotion


Via Google images


Lately, I have been obsessed with the scent of Victoria's Secret Gorgeous Fragrance Lotion.  I find most of the scents at VS to be very similar and overly sweet. Gorgeous stands out to me for being a little different from the other VS fragrances. It is a fruity and floral scent that also smells fresh.  The notes are strawberries, jasmine, and sandalwood.  I could not stop sniffing myself when I have this lotion on.  The entire line of VS Gorgeous fragrance products are currently on sale because the line is being discontinued.  I also got the fragrance mist which is perfect as a light summer scent.


What were your favorite products in May?  Until next post......

5 comments:

  1. I totally need to try that CeraVe moisturizer. The fact that it's fragrance-free and has great emollient ingredients has me sold. My May fave product would be Tarte Amazonian Clay blush. The wear and pigmentation are amazing.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try RMK for a while. I will have to visit their counter the next time I'm in Asia. I want to play with it first before buying...hee hee. *^_^*

    My fave this month would be Surfer's Salve I got from Hawaii. I keep it on my nightstand to use whenever my lips feel dry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S The traditional Vibrams crack me up too! I know they are super comfy but they just don't look right!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still want to give the NARS Tinted moisturiser a go even though I'm pretty happy with the base makeup I have lol.. grass is always greener on the other side!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard great things about the RMK brand and especially the NARS Tinted Moisturizer. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete

Love to meet and hear from my fellow bloggers and readers. Do not leave spam or inappropriate links here, they will be removed.