- Caffeine late in the day - it does not impact me every time, but it is best for me to avoid drinking my favorite cup of joe or milk tea late in the day.
- Light and noise - my significant other is a late owl and likes to catch the late night news or a movie after 11pm. Unfortunately, the bedroom is right next to the living room and I am very sensitive to the light and noise. I have to keep the bedroom's door completely closed off to block the light and the TV noise level.
- Too much stimulation - I like to watch TV, surf the internet, and blog before bed. I find that it is best for me to take a long break after I do all of the above before bed. Otherwise, my brain stays overly stimulated and active and I can't fall asleep.
- Eating too late and too much - this stimulates the digestive system and causes the body to stay awake because it stays hard at work.
- Sleep pattern - we all have an internal clock. If I go past my normal bed time one night, my body clock will be off and follow the next night. So establishing a normal sleep pattern is very important to me.
- Stress- Last, but not least. I accumulate stress from work during the day and it used to cause me to think and analyze too much while I was trying to sleep. I have learned to detach myself from work by not checking work emails and not discuss work at home if possible.
|Via Google images|
Until next post......