Sunday, September 11, 2011

Dolce & Gabbana Makeup Sneak Peek

Hello, I went to Saks Fifth Avenue over the weekend to check out the latest Dolce & Gabbana Fall Makeup Collection.  My main goal was to try their new foundation because I was looking for a cream foundation for the cooler weather.  Since I had not been to the D&G counter in a while, the MUA walked me through and gave me a high level look at what the D&G line currently has to offer.  I was in love with the array of beautiful shades especially in the eye shadows and lipsticks.  The new Passion Duo Gloss Fusion Lipsticks are sleek and nice.  He matched me for the foundation and proceeded to apply a full face of makeup on me.  He applied and introduced me to the Smooth Eye Colour Quad in Contrasts (2 neutrals and 2 browns), Crayon Intense Eyeliner in Blue, the Luminous Cheek Colour (I did not get the name, it was a rosy shade), Perfect Finish Powder Foundation, Secret Eyes Lengthening Mascara, and I chose the new Shine Lipstick in Almond to try.

I really like the foundation match and how comfortable it feels on the skin, so I was sold on it.  I ended up walking away with more than I need as always.  I will do a proper review on these items once I get the chance to try everything at home:
  • Perfect Finish Creamy Foundation in Natural Glow 100 - light neutral tone
  • Smooth Eye Colour Duo in Cinnamon 80 - pale pink and champagne
  • Classic Cream Lipstick in Cashmere 60 - medium nude.  They were out of Almond, so I chose Cashmere which is similar, but slightly deeper in tone





Via Google images
The Saks Fifth Avenue website and the D&G website have not been updated with the new Fall products yet, but you can search the web and you will find images and description of the mentioned products.  The Beauty Look Book has great photos of some of the products I mentioned, check it out...Until next post......

9/14/11 Edit:  The new products mentioned are now available on the Saks Fifth Avenue website!

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE D&G Products - I've yet to try the cream foundation, so I await your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds really good:)! never tried D&G products before.. can't wait. p.s. I entered a blogger contest and I really need you to 'like' my picture.. it only takes a second. And the contest only runs for a week! I'd really appreciated. here is an explanation: http://cyliaaaa.blogspot.com/2011/09/tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. *drools*

    Can't wait to see the reviews!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your reviews! D&G makeup always looks so luxurious. =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really looking forward to your reviews!! The cream foundation sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love D&G lippies! I cant wait to see swatches x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new products mentioned are now available on the Saks Fifth Avenue website!

    ReplyDelete

Love to meet and hear from my fellow bloggers and readers. Do not leave spam or inappropriate links here, they will be removed.