Sunday, January 6, 2013

Best of 2012 Roundup - Makeup

Hello, Happy New Year!  I sorted through many makeup products and I have summed up the most amazing short list of products of 2012...

Base




Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup was launched in Fall 2012.  It is by far my current favorite and the best foundation from Giorgio Armani cosmetics.  The new Fusion Technology covers imperfections flawlessly with only a thin layer.  It never looks heavy or feel cakey.  My color is 4.5 and it blends beautifully with my skin tone!  Thumbs up!










I have heard about Eve Pearl for over a year before I made my first purchase at IMATS in Los Angeles last year.  I do not why I waited so long, I should have made the plunge earlier.  I got a good price on this palette at IMATS;  I paid $40 less than the regular price.  The Eve Pearl Flawless Face Palette contains all the products you need to perfect your canvas.  The flat palette is great for travel.  The kit includes: 2 Cream Foundation Shades (Light 1, Light 2), 2 Cream Concealers (Fair, Light), 1 Cream Blush (Rosy), 1 Mattifier, 1 Illuminator.  I highly recommend this palette if you have drier skin and want to give Eve Pearl a try.


Bronzer



Guerlain Terracotta Spray Bronzing Powder Mist is my go-to spray bronzing powder for the last few years.  I like the fine mist that gives me an airbrushed and healthy glow any time of the year.  Besides this bronzer, I am a big fan of other Guerlain compact bronzers too!  Love!



Brows






When it comes to brows, I stick to brow pencil and brow gel.  When I want a super natural look, I will use brow gel alone.  Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel does it for me.  It is fantastic in adding a touch of color to the brow hairs and the gel grooms the hairs in place.  Granite is grayish taupe and it looks very natural on my black color brow hairs.  It softens up my natural brow color.


Eyes

For eyeshadows, the following brands are what I reached for the most in 2012.  They are all fabulous in texture, pigmentation, and blendability:



Inglot Freedom System for eyes

Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow

Kevyn Aucoin Eye Shadow Duo
  
Blush

I tried many good blushes in 2012, but THE one that I was most impressed with was Illamasqua Powder Blush.  It might be the most pigmented and long lasting blush that I have ever tried.  I was amazed that it can last all day until I took it off.  As you know, the Illamasqua color range is always intriguing and beautiful, I am obsessed with this brand.



Lips

When it comes to lips, I had to choose my favorite texture of the year and a good drugstore find that was surprising smooth and hydrating...

YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis A Levres Glossy Stain

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick



All in all, I was very adventurous in makeup in 2012, I was happy with many products that I got an opportunity to play with.  For the short list mentioned above, I have no doubt that I will re-purchase every single item in the future.  What were your favorites in 2012?

Thanks for looking!  Until next post......

3 comments:

  1. Lovely round up post Rola!

    I have an Inglot Freedom 10 eyeshadow palette and it would have to be in one of my all time favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great round up :) Must have a look for Maybelline lippies.. they have been hot on the news...I've always wanted to check out Eve Pearl.. now that you brought up the IMAT that's my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see Burberry Sheer Shadow make the list. I absolutely love mine.

    ReplyDelete

Love to meet and hear from my fellow bloggers and readers. Do not leave spam or inappropriate links here, they will be removed.