Hello, 2011 was a great year with many great products in the market. Yours truly has tried and tested many good products and some not so good. Here is a quick run down of the Best Products of 2011 based on my own trial and error, I would consider re-purchasing all of these products in the future:
From left to right:
1) Boots Botanics Soothing Eye Make Up Remover - I use this to remove stubborn waterproof eye makeup and it is not irritating to my sensitive eyes
2) Aveda Green Science Perfecting Cleanser - This cleanser contains argan oil which is very nourishing to the skin. It removes makeup and dirt quite well, yet it is gentle on my dry skin. It never leaves my skin tight and dry
3) Andalou Naturals Blossom & Leaf Toning Refresher - This is a newer brand that I discovered at Whole Foods Market. I was intrigued by the Fruit Stem Cell Science behind the products. This toner is hydrating and refreshing at the same time. I really like the fresh herbal scent
4) Sponge Ladi Avokanto - This is my current night treatment made of avocado and olive oil. See more information from my previous post here
5) Aveda Green Science Firming Eye Creme - I have some dry fine lines forming around my eyes. I can feel the firming action around my eyes when I put this one, it is really moisturizing at the same time. It is the perfect eye cream under makeup or on its own
From left to right:
1) 80 Acres Verde Olive Oil Body Balm - I have written about this body balm in two separate posts. Can you tell it is my favorite body balm?
2) MJ's Herbals Lavender E Salve - This is another balm good for dry hands, burns, cuts, scars, headache and stress relieve, etc.. It is an all purpose natural potion
From top to bottom:
1) Josie Maran Argan Oil Hair Serum - I have very thick and dry hair. Even for my hair, a little of this product goes a long way. I use this on damp or dry hair. It seals and adds shine to my hair
2) Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment - After seeing the introduction of this product on the Dr. Oz's show, I had to try it. It is a wonderful hair treatment that I use twice a week, it repairs, tames, and softens my damaged hair like no other
3) Hot Tools Tempest 2000 Salon Turbo Ionic Dryer - Lastly, I was getting tired with the cheap drugstore hair dryers that keep breaking on me every couple of months. I decided to splurge and invest in a more powerful and better quality hair dryer. This dryer is a good one for under $100, it is worth the money. There are more expensive hair dryers out there, but I am not a professional hair stylist and can't justified spending more than $100 for a hair dryer. This one comes with the standard attachments and it is easy to use. The biggest benefit for me is that it dries my thick hair in less time compared to other dryers that I have tried. Low EMFs is another plus
Have you tried any of these products? I would love to hear what you think about them. Stay tuned for another Best of 2011 post coming up soon! Until next post......