Saturday, August 13, 2011

Summer Morning Skincare Routine for Glowing Skin

Hello, Let's talk about skincare for the summertime.  As seasons change, we should examine our own skin changes to determine the right products to use.  It is ok to change your skincare when the weather changes, it is the same as changing your wardrobe.  I have been using the products in the picture since the weather became warmer.  This is a morning routine that I find works well  for me, my skin type is dry and sensitive. Like many of you, I do not have much time to fuss around in the morning, these products absorb quickly and they are effective in my opinion.



From left to right in the picture:

Cleanser

Melvita Cleansing Micellar Water - I use this when I have dry patches, it does not strip my skin like a gel cleanser and water would.  I apply to skin with a cotton pad, it wakes up my skin in the morning and leaves it lightly moisturized.  I like this cleansing water a lot because 99.57% of the total ingredients are of natural origin. 

Arcona White Tea Purifying Cleanser - When I get occasional breakouts or if I want my skin to be squeaky clean, this is my go-to cleanser.  It cleanses the skin thoroughly without striping it.  It has many natural antioxidants and enzymes in the ingredients, so it is good for the skin.  Not to mention the smell is simply divine!

Jurlique Purely White Skin Brightening Cleanser- I am not into tanning, I prefer to keep my skin fair and bright looking.  I use this foaming cleanser two to three times a week especially after I have been exposed to the sun.  The Vitamin C is the brightening property in this product.  It leaves my skin with a nice glow after using it. 

Serum

Arcona Booster Defense Serum - I prefer serums over moisturizers for daytime because it is lighter in texture and most are hydrating enough for me.  I have only been using this serum for a week and I like it so far.  This is skin food, it gives vitamins and nutrients to the skin and provides light hydration. 

Sunscreen

Sofina Beaute (sunscreen) SPF 50+ PA+++ - I feel naked without sunscreen!  I wear sunscreen every single day even in the dead of winter.  This is a Japanese product that I purchased from SOGO department store in Hong Kong.  I have only seen similar Sofina Beaute sunscreens online and not at any retail stores in the US.

Tinted Moisturizer

Becca Lumnious Skin Colour SPF 25+ in Sand or Cashmere - This is my favorite tinted moisturizer for casual days.  It is very sheer and leaves a wash of color on the skin.  I would recommend this for people who have fairly good skin because it has a very light coverage.  It leaves your skin very glowy, I typcially powder over the T-zone area to avoid too much shine a few hours later. 

Hope this helps you and I will post a night skincare routine real soon.  Until next post......


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to meet and hear from my fellow bloggers and readers. Do not leave spam or inappropriate links here, they will be removed.